Ingredients: (for 2 matching gift tags)
*(1) 5 inch square of light festive print: I used "Joy" by Kate Spain (print A)
*(1) 5 inch square of festive print: I used "Joy" by Kate Spain (print B)
*(2) coordinating prints with a design that in no larger than 1 1/2 x 2 inches/ this will be fussy cut later: I used the light bulb and Christmas tree prints from "Joy"
* (1) 5 inch square of Inner Fuse or another double sided stiff fusible interfacing
*grommets (small 1/4 inch grommets) and grommet pliers,
*contrasting sewing machine thread
*small 4inch square, or less, of lightweight double sided fusible web- I like steam-a-seam 2 and Misty Fuse
*Small alphabet beads
1) Cut the stiff interfacing to 3 x 1 3/4 inches.
Then cut 2 pieces of print B to 3 x 1 3/4 inches. This will be the back.
|Print A is white snowflake on bottom left|
Print B is red snowflake top right
3) Read the manufacturer's directions before you use any fusible product, some vary slightly. Fuse the backing fabric (print B) to the stiff interfacing. Then fuse the front fabric (print A) to the other side of the interfacing. Be careful it gets hot!
4) Choose a contrasting color thread, from the top fabric, and zigzag the edges.
5) Lay out the name beads to see spacing. Make a small mark on the left hand side, about 1/4 inch from the edge. This will be where the grommet goes. Then mark the area for the fussy cut fused decoration.
6) Read the directions for your pliers and follow them. This is how I do it. Make a hole with the pliers for the grommet. Push the 'post' grommet through the hole. Place the other piece on the post and press with the pliers. If you have never used grommets, try them on a piece of scrap fabric, they can be wiggly.
7) Take your focus fabric and fuse the light weight double sided fusible web to the back.
8) Fussy cut your design: here I used a tree and light bulb. Iron onto the Santa Tag.
9) Hand sew the alphabet beads onto the tag.
Smile, you have a completed Santa Tag ready to be attached to a gift. Just add curling ribbon!