Saturday, May 7, 2011

More triangles and Meet Kirk's Lovely Lady

Ok, here are more triangles.  I made 4 each of blue and green.  I played with them a little to try to visualize a design.  It seemed like such a good idea at the time!


The first 2 are variations on the same theme.  The first on has the color groups going diagonal and the second has them going horizontal.  The last is more of a spider web.  I'm pretty sure I don't want a spiderweb, I would have to have a color separating the blocks....I think.  I have 6 months to figure it out.

Now for the fun.  Introducing "Kirk's Lovely Lady".  If you read my 10 things post, you found out I am a Trekkie.  It's hard to put that in fabric.  The AAQI Quilt of the month club has the challenge of Space Aliens.  That sounded like too much fun.  So I took a few hours this week and came up with this design.

I should have spent more time designing it!  This is a play off of Coco goes shopping.  Here the alien is walking a giant slug.    She is wearing a sheer dress, which doesn't show up at all.  And the duel suns don't either.  Unfortunately, everything is fused down.  But I think I can come up with something.

Happy Quilting
Caren

2 comments:

Angela said...

I've never really worked with triangles before so I'm no help in that regard. I really like Kirk's lovely lady - what a fun piece!

Ellen said...

I think you will come up with a wonderful plan for the triangles. You did a great job on Kirk's lovely lady.